Wednesday, December 23, 2015

What I’ve Been Up To


I thought I’d share what I’ve been doing the last week, craft wise.  I have been working slowly on my flannel shirt; I’m still in the pattern altering stages because I can’t make up my mind if I want a boxy fit or a more tapered fit.  Tapered seems to be winning though. 

I’ve also made up my mind to start working on some jeans.  Jalie jeans.  You will see more on that in the future. 

Since I received my Silhouette I’ve been playing with it quite a bit.  I love using it and feel like I want to vinyl everything!  It sure is addicting.  Here are some of the things I’ve vinyl-ed this week. 

A shirt for my husband who is an “Office” fanatic
*note* I purchased these next 3 tees at Walmart for cheap because it was faster than sewing them)
20151219_124644

A Christmas T-shirt for Mr. T (from the movie Elf)
20151219_140844

A Christmas shirt for Miss K (also from the movie Elf)
20151219_145822

This toilet monster was made to play a joke on Mr. T (who didn’t even notice, sigh).  But I saw it on Facebook and had to do it; I actually really like it.  This is Mr. T’s toilet, not the main bath
20151219_160212

Miss K helped me make this cup for her teacher and ornament for her Great Grandma
20151219_17510120151219_175114

This tee was made for my nephew
20151222_140607
And this was made for his brother, my other nephew
20151222_162114

Mr. T requested this Pokemon Shirt (tee from Hobby Lobby as they are on sale this week)
20151223_090017

And I made the kids these Sleep masks for Christmas; sewing the mask and then vinyling them
20151216_113758

I also made Miss K a “mermaid tail” blanket.  She crawls inside it so it’s like she is a mermaid on the bottom half (it’s like a tube)  ** I forgot to add, this pattern is free and can be found here **

1 yard Purple Heart Polar Fleece, purchased Jan 2015 from fashion fabrics club for $4.50; and 1 yard Pink Zebra Minky, purchased from Mill End in Aug 2013 for $4.  This blanket cost $8.50 total
mermaid

And Mr. T got a “shark” blanket, made to look like the shark is eating him.  He crawls inside this one too.  1.5 yards Fleece Hockey/Football from Fabric.com purchased way back in March 2012! $5.99  I was glad to finally get this out of my stash.  as well as 1 yard Royal Blue Fleece purchased from Hancocks sometime for some price. lol.  We'll say this blanket cost $10 to make. 
sharks

I vinyl-ed Miss K’s wall. It was hard to photograph this because her walls are pink.
20151223_170634

In other random life things, we got our new washer 2 weeks ago and I love this thing!  It's our first front loader.  (Nala is not so sure about it)
20151207_114035

What Nala is sure of is that she must help me with all my projects; Thanks Nala
20151219_140343

We attended Mr. T’s winter band concert with my mom
concert

We have a weird animal that made a den in our backyard next to our tree stump that is turning green
20151207_134045‘    20151207_134139(0)

Oh and the dogs are finally getting along better after 11 months of torture
20151209_151338

Other than that we are just hanging out and enjoying family time for the holidays.  I hope your family is all safe and well and that you are enjoying your holiday with them too! 

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Everything you made is beyond cool!! I thought the t-shirts were amazing, and then I kept scrolling down and finding even more amazing stuff! And I love the mermaid tail blanket - I might be tempted to make some of those for my nieces. Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail! It is so much fun to use. Oh I totally forgot to add, the mermaid blanket pattern is FREE! You can find it here http://www.madeformermaids.com/mermaidtail/

      Happy holidays to you too Gail!

      Delete
  2. You've been so busy! It was good to read all your news, and see some of your gifts. The washing machine puzzles me though - pretty much all new machines in the UK are front loaders. I asked an engineer about it, as top loaders get clothes snowy white, and he told me it was because front loaders use so little water. I just assumed American machines were all front loaders too! You live and learn. I've really enjoyed reading your blog this year. You've made some lovely things. Here's hoping I get a bit more time to sew next year. Happy Christmas to you and your family xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always had a top loader :) I was nervous to make the switch but now I love our front loader and wouldn't go back!
      Thanks Philippa! I hope you can sew more this year too!

      Delete
  3. You are so talented! I can't wait to make t-shirts like you! :) We have a front loader washer and I love it--it would be hard to use a top loader now. We got so use to a front loader while living in Germany that I didn't like a top loader any more. That is so funny Nala sitting on top of the t-shirt. Next you will be putting Nala's name in vinyl on her coat! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley! I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful crafty friend like you. :) I would totally vinyl Nala's coat but I embroidered her name on it when I made it. LOL. But Link doesn't have his name on his... !

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.