Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Lace Pocket Tee


This is for my entry into 2016 Bargainista Fashionista Challenge on Pattern Review.

I used Patterns for Pirates - Boyfriend V-Neck Tee pattern.

purple 5

This beginner/intermediate pattern is that perfect wardrobe staple! Simple, comfortable, and you can dress it comfortable in tunic with leggings, or dress it up! With short, 3/4, and long sleeves this pattern can take you year round!

purple 1

This is a semi-fitted top made for women (it has curves!) Options include: short sleeve, 3/4 roll up with button tab, and long sleeve with and without cuffs. Also includes shirt and tunic lengths! And last but not least the perfect little pocket for that boyfriend tee look!

purple 2

The pattern goes from size XXS to XXXL.  I decided to size down one from my measurements because my fabric is very stretchy and drapey. I sewed a M but graded to an XL for the hips. I did my normal 1/2" square shoulder adjustment and I changed the neckline to be round instead of V-neck.

purple 6

The instructions are super easy and hold your hand the whole way through.  There are photos to accompany each step. 

purple 7

Fabric: 1 yard Rayon Spandex Jersey Knit in Cyber Grape from fabric.com $4.66; I also used 1/4 yard Diamond Crochet Lace Knit in Mint also from fabric.com $1.48.  I bought these the end of February in preparation for this challenge.  My inspiration tee is from Burberry and is $495.  I saved myself 98.76%!!

copyshirt

I’m very happy with how my tee turned out.  I have a feeling I will sew up many of these tees.  I love the fit and the speed at which I can sew them up.  However, I will most likely use a cotton/lycra knit next time. I just do not enjoy sewing with Rayon Jerseys they are so thin and slippery.


photo by Miss K. Focus is not her concern :)
purple 3

purple 4

Bargainista info:  Inspiration Tee – Burberry $495.  My tee - $6.14.  Percent saved - 98.76%! 

copy shirt collage

Sorry for the crazy photos.  I wanted to get this entered before the contest ended.  Miss K helped with the photos.... I am just getting over a nasty cold virus too.  Hope you are well and sewing like crazy!

~ Kristin ~

4 comments:

  1. I like you version much better and your model is way hotter ;)
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole :D You gave me a huge smile and laugh on a day that I needed it ;-)

      Delete
  2. Looks good - and I actually don't have this P4P pattern!!! I think maybe I need it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy!! I love this one as much as all the other P4P's lol. :D

      Delete

Your comments really make my day! I read each and every one. Thank you!

Sorry for the word verification. I've had too many spammers lately.